Accton recognizes that the Earth has limited resources and that sustainable development is of the utmost importance, therefore Accton is committed to its certified ISO 14001 Environmental Management systems for product design, development, and manufacturing. Recently, an ISO 14001 renewal audit was conducted and Accton fulfilled all the requirements for ISO 14001:2015 certification.
Environmental Health and Safety Policy
- Comply with environmental safety, health laws, and regulations to effectively operate and constantly improve the environmental safety and health management system.
- Regularly promote recycling, reuse, and minimize industrial waste.
- Strengthen staff education, supplier and contractor management, and provide and promote environmental safety and health training.
- Immediately inspect unsafe actions and environments in order to prevent accidents.
- Health management shall maintain staff’s health so that they will be safe with no accidents.
Accton is committed to a 1% annual reduction in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. Our Scope 2 Indirect GHG emissions (generation of purchased electricity) in 2016 were 2,880 ton CO2e (carbon dioxide equivalent), which was 2.96% less than the emissions in 2015.
A number of sustainable environmental strategies have been implemented, including:
- Using electronic signatures to reduce paper use.
- Turning off power in idle areas.
- Controlling the number of ice-water dispensers that are powered on depending on room temperature.
- Turning off air conditioning when production lines are not in operation on Sundays.
- Regular control of the basement ventilation system.
- Implementing energy conservation management measures.
- Installing variable-frequency inverters in air-conditioning and air-compressor systems to save energy.
- Using reusable utensils in our canteen and restaurant.
For Accton, purchased electricity is the only important main energy consumed. In 2015, Accton consumed 5,981,400 kWh of energy. Since 2016, we have installed energy-efficient lighting fixtures and light bulbs in our offices. With the implementation of energy efficiency measures in our SMT lines, we reduced 179,300 kWh per year, saving 3% of energy used annually.
In 2015, Accton used 44,322 m3 of tap water, about half of the water usage was for air conditioning. Since 2016, water-saving toilets and dual-flush toilets were installed to reduce our water consumption.