Accton may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from [27/05/2016].
What we collect
Accton may collect the following information:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information, including email address, company name, address, phone, fax, etc.
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences, and interests.
- Log-in information that is generated in the course of using the website. This information may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring source, operating system, length of visit, timing, and/or clickstream data, frequency, pattern of service use, page views, and website navigation paths.
- Other information that you choose to send us.
What we do with the information we gather
Accton requires this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to administrate our website and business.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may use the information to send you an email newsletter, if you agree to it.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers, or other information that we think you may find interesting.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for marketing purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax, or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We may use the information to verify compliance with the terms and conditions of using the website.
Sharing of personal information
Your information will not be sold, traded, or rented to third-parties unless you grant Accton permission to do so and except as otherwise stated in this policy.
We may share the information within Accton and our affiliates domestically or worldwide, insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may also provide the information to trusted partners, including, but not limited to, service providers, agencies, distributors, or suppliers who are acting on behalf of or with Accton under confidentiality agreements for managing or supporting our business operation, providing professional services, delivering complete products, or marketing events, if sharing such information is necessary to the above activities.
We may respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process by disclosing the information and other related information if required by law or regulation. We also may use the information to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, Accton decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses in some countries. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers.
We will ask you for your opt-in consent to share your personal information with a third party for any purpose not described above or as otherwise required by applicable law or regulation. It is Accton’s practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may request deletion or modification of your personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that any deleted information may remain in our data store as a result of routine system back-ups, but we will no longer use that information.
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you under applicable law. A small fee will be payable, if you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to email@example.com.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.