Please read the following carefully to understand practices regarding your personal information.
What we collect
We collect personal information, mostly the personal information on your business card, and the information you provide to us, including the following:
- Information you give to us. The personal information like your name, e-mail address, home address, telephone number, fax number, company name, company address and job position we ask you to fill in when you register on our website or ask us to provide newsletters, technical supports, other service, promotion activities, event, product information or our other information to you;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- log-in information that is generated in the course of use of the website. This information may include (but is not limited to ) internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring source, operating system, length of visit, timing, and/or clickstream data, frequency, pattern of service use, page views and website navigation paths;
- Certain other information needed to answer a request; provide information and services; or comply with various national, state, provincial, or local governmental reporting requirements.
We have taken into account your rights and interests in determining the scope and manner of the processing of information about you:
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to administrate our website and business;
- We may use the information to improve our products and services;
- Marketing purposes. From time to time and in compliance with applicable law requirements (e.g. based on your prior consent if required under the law applicable to you), we may use the contact information to send you email newsletter, if you agree on it; periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think may be useful to you; use your information to contact you by email, phone, fax or mail for other marketing purposes; or may use the information to customize the website according to your interests; If you do not wish to receive any marketing information from us, you may opt out by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link on any of our emails, or alternatively, send the opt-out request to us.
- We may use the information to verify compliance with the terms and condition giving the use of the website; and
We will ask for your consent to process your personal data before you subscribe to our services.
Sharing of personal information
The information will not be sold, traded, or rented to third-parties unless you grant us permission to do so and except as otherwise stated in this Policy.
We will send information about you to other companies or people only when:
- We have your consent to share the information; or
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested; or
- We need to provide your personal information to trusted partners, including but not limited to service providers, agencies, distributors or suppliers, who are acting on behalf of or with Accton under confidentiality agreements for managing or supporting our business operation, providing professional services, delivering complete products, marketing events, if sharing such personal information is necessary to the above activities (If personal information is shared with third parties, we will only provide the information they need to deliver the product or service. Also, such companies are prohibited from using such personal information for any other purpose.) ; or
- For legal reasons if we have a belief in good faith that access, use, preservation or disclosure of your information is reasonably necessary to:
– meet any applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requirements, for example, responding to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process by disclosing the information and other related information if required by law or regulation; or
– detect, prevent possible fraud, infringement of security or technical issues, for example, in order to investigate, prevent, or take actions regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person including our employees; or
– protect against harm to our rights, property or data security, or other user’s/public safety.
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company.
- As part of a joint sales promotion or to pass sales leads to one of our distribution partners.
- To keep individuals up to date on the latest product announcements, product updates, special offers or other information we think they would like to hear about either from us or from our service providers (where we are permitted to send these types of communications).
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We will ask you for your opt-in consent to share your personal information with a third party for any purpose not described above or as otherwise required by applicable law or regulation. It is Accton’s practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
We encourage all individuals who provide personal information to us to keep their personal information accurate and up to date. Personal information may, in many cases, be updated by you online. You may also request (if applicable):
- to access: ask us for a copy of your personal data;
- to correct, delete or restrict processing of your personal data;
- to obtain the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, machine readable format;
- to object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim;
- to withdrawing Consent. If you have consented to our processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge; This includes where you wish to opt out from marketing messages. However, such withdrawal to your consent to Accton processing your data will not affect any processing which has already taken place at that time.
All requests for access to your personal information must be submitted in writing by emails. We may respond to your request by email or any other suitable method. However, to protect your privacy, we will require you to prove your identity before asking the foregoing right. Please note that we may be required to retain certain information by law and/or for own legitimate business purposes.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort or risk the privacy of others. And the above rights may be limited; for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person, or if you ask us to delete personal information that we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
We respond free of charge to your request for access or correction of your personal information, unless such access or correction requires a disproportionate effort. If so required for warranty, support and maintenance or statutory requirements, we may keep your information in our backup systems after you have deleted information from our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction or use.
To the extent that you’re unable to satisfactorily exercise any of these rights via your personal data, you can do so by contacting to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We will keep your personal information, until you unsubscribe our newsletter or when we accept your removal request in writing by e-mail.
Accton may amend this Policy from time to time, and if we make changes that affect the way we use your personal information, we will notify you by posting a revised statement on our Websites. Where appropriate, we will notify you by additional means.